Estate and Financial Planning: Asset Transition & Preservation
We advise clients in matters pertaining to estates, asset protection, and asset transition, including but not limited to:
- Lifetime and estate giving to family, charities and other beneficiaries
- Drafting all types of trusts and implementing beneficiary protection measures
- Creating basic and customized estate planning documents such as wills, living wills, and powers of attorney
- Strategizing, planning, and qualifying for Medicaid Long-Term Care benefits
- Transferring property and holding various interests in real property
- Assisting with the distribution and administration of an estate
- Navigating the probate process
- Educating our clients on tax considerations and appropriate tax planning strategies
Our priority is understanding our clients’ long-term goals during life and after death. We work with our clients to ensure that their desired disposition to family, friends, and charities is accomplished, all with the goal of minimizing taxes and exposure to third-party claims, including costs of long-term care.
We have long understood and assisted in planning to meet the unique needs of our aging population, a subject now popularly characterized as “Elder Law.” We have assisted with the transition of numerous family businesses, including those in our agricultural community.
We also have an active fiduciary services practice, assisting in designing and operating long-term trusts and endowments, as well as advising and representing both individual and institutional executors, trustees and guardians.
Representing Central Pennsylvania For More Than 60 Years
Martson Law Offices has been serving clients in Central Pennsylvania for more than six decades. Our lawyers have the experience and knowledge you’d find at a big-city law firm, but we also have deep roots in the community and understand the legal issues facing our clients locally.
Our attorneys who practice in Estate and Financial Planning:
John B. Fowler III
Hubert X. Gilroy
Petra K. Gross
Susan J. Hartman
Seth T. Mosebey
Christopher L. Nock
Alexandra E. Otto
Ivo V. Otto III
David W. Park
Christopher E. Rice
SERVING CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA FOR MORE THAN